Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

And now, in honor of the day of my people, a joke courtesy of these fine folks:

Padraic Flaherty came home drunk every evening toward ten. Now, the Missus was never too happy about it, either. So one night sh hides in the cemetery and figures to scare the beejeezus out of him. As poor Pat wanders by, up from behind a tombstone she jumps in a red devil costume screaming, "Padraic Sean Flaherty, sure and ya' don't give up you're drinkin' and it's to Hell I'll take ye'". Pat, undaunted, staggered back and demanded, "Who the hell ARE you?". Too that the Missus replied, "I'm the divil ya' damned old fool". To which Flaherty remarked, "Damned glad to meet you sir, I'm married to yer sister."

If you're in the mood for music, check out Gaelic Storm. I went and saw them in concert a few weeks back here in Athens, and they were quite good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you would enjoy my show and know others who would as well. Please check it out at http://clevelandcelticpodcast.com.

Thanks

Wendy Donahue
Cleveland Celtic Podcast

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home