Friday, May 12, 2006

I can live with this

It's mighty early, but I enjoy taking two out of three from the Yankees (and three of four so far this season).

I figured Boston would still be competitive, but the Red Sox are playing way over my expectations. Mark Lowell has rebounded like I thought he would - not how The Sports Guy feared it would go - and Mark Loretta has become about as solid of a No. 2 hitter as the Red Sox have had. I still miss Orlando Cabrera, but Loretta has been clutch in tight situations (last night being another example ... a two-run infield single in the seventh inning that put Boston ahead for good).

Plus, Jonathan Papelpon has settled into the closer's role and Keith Foulke hasn't completely collapsed, developing into somewhat of a decent set-up man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home