Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Couple of things

- I've seen ridiculous editorials by the Athens Banner-Herald but this one was is ridiculous to the highest degree. The state is to blame for the situation at Canine Angels? Not the two women who actually fostered the inhumane conditions? Why in the world is the state to blame when the documentation the ABH published shows that progress is being made? They fault Agriculture Commissioner Tommy Irvin for not acting sooner, but his statements reveal that, according to investigations and follow-up visits, progress was being made (or so it appeared). Furthermore, why should we fault Irvin's office for laying out the steps for the organization to take in order to better it's lot? The ABH, in its very weird and seemingly ongoing persecution of Irvin (I wonder how they couldn't work a fried pie lady reference into here), attempts to make these two women sound like innocent victims ... and that isn't the case.

- The University of Georgia community remembers Kevin Brophy.

- Hillary offers a brief take of some things I overlooked in my retellingl of Summer Soiree 2006 ... including the mention of the irrational number of pastel-colored shirts worn by the men. Seriously, I can think of at least five folks who came in with pink shirts on. What are the odds of that happening?

- Georgia Sports Blog makes fun of Georgia Tech's Calvin Johnson, and poking fun at Tech is always a good time.

- By the way ... check out the Rocky Balboa trailer. Is it me, or does it look kinda good?

6 Comments:

Blogger Russell & Mariah said...

Is pink included in the pastels?! Hmmmm. Learn something everyday.

I'm listening to my ipod on shuffle in my office and Jay-Z just came on -- I should probably skip all the songs with profanity. Of course, I am working with Vets, so I've heard my fair share of swearing in the halls, in meetings, and pretty much everywhere I've been in the hospital.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Jmac said...

I would think it would be. Pink, yellow, light green and the like ... isn't that right?

You should move away from Jay-Z into something more tame ... like, say, Slayer.

10:27 AM  
Blogger GP said...

The new Rocky movie looks about as credible as when George Foreman came out of retirement and "won" the heavywieght title in his 40's.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Jmac said...

GP ... you knocked him down, why don't you try knocking me down ... 'cause I ain't hear no bell ... one more round.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Russell & Mariah said...

I think you're right about pink and pastel. I tried to look it up and on wikipedia it basically said that "pastels" are paints lightened with chalk. So, red with lots of chalk becomes pink, green becomes light green, blue becomes baby blue. So, it seems that pastels were originally lightened primary colors, sort of.

But that was about the art type pastels -- not the shirts Don Johnson wore in Miami Vice.

And I'm all for Rocky Balboa. Even after the Tommy Morrison fiasco.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Holla said...

All I want to know about Balboa is, will they actually make it look like the fighters are actually hitting each other? I'm not sure which I would prefer, honestly.

4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home