Thursday, July 20, 2006

A word of thanks

Everything appeared to go well at my talk last night. I didn't trigger some sort of riot and nothing as hurled in my direction, so I view those things as positive. All in all, I was pleased with how it turned out, and a lot of people had really nice things to say to me afterward. I even had one offer to be a guest speaker for a college history class, which was quite flattering.

Afterward, The Wife, Matt, Caroline and Lindsey (with daughter Madison in tow) all went to Cali N Titos for dinner. And Matt and I proceeded to outlast all of the women and devoted about two hours to solving all of the world's problems. Everything from how to rebuild New Orleans to what to do about the Israel/Lebanon conflict.

So, let me just thank everyone who offered me encouragement to those dedicated folks who came and listened to me. I know it wasn't a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, and y'all probably got tired of me dwelling on it, but it was big to me. And I appreciate the words of support and encouragement.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cousin Pat said...

What is that, like a movie teaser?

Now I'm waiting to hear the plan you guys came up with for NOLA.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home