Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Couple of things (quick, mid-day version)

- All of this talk about college football history and traditions got me longing for the start of the season. Safe to say, Matt and I played a couple of rounds of NCAA Football 2007 last night (going 2-1 with wins over Georgia Tech and Notre Dame ... in a rematch to make up for the night's lone defeat).

So, in the spirit of history, prestige and tradition, here is the Redcoat Marching Band.

- I completely understand the system of limiting your outdoor watering, but let me encourage everyone to water their plants in the morning. My yard looks horrible by the time I get home in the afternoon. Just saying.

- Paul Westerdawg does a nice job analyzing the new 'family-friendly' tailgating zones at Georgia here and here. My primary problem with it is the concept that no one will drink in these places. Most tailgates don't consist of all non-drinkers and all-drinkers. There's typically a good mix, typically these good mixes include families and typically these good mixes are responsible and not destructive.

- I'm also working on a post about strength of schedules for 2006 and hope to get that up this afternoon after work. Paul has sort of beat me to it, and he has possibly recorded the best initial comment in the history of blogging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home