Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Couple of things

- OK, a day after I disagreed with the Athens Banner-Herald's position regarding the Canine Angels fiasco, let me hop to their defense here - Dennis Connelly Jr.'s letter is absolutely absurd. I kept waiting for him to say how the free media is jeopardizing our troops in Iraq. Seriously ... the ABH has given extensive coverage to the Tara Baker murder (a disproportionate amount compared to other murders in this area) and simply suggesting how she was murdered isn't going to do anything to hinder this investigation.

- Thanks to a loyal reader, I realized I had inadvertantly ommitted Jim Ponsoldt's name from my rundown of Athens-Clarke County Commission races. The good professor is running against Doug Lowery and James Garland for the District One seat. I couldn't find a web site for Ponsoldt, so if anyone knows of it, please let me know.

- Both Hillary and Athens Politics have pointed out the shortcomings of mayoral candidate Charlie Maddox's publicity materials, including his push pieces and web site. Heck, I've pointed out how awful his web site is. However, I've heard from different folks a major web site overhaul is in the works (one can only hope it lacks the exclamation points and unnecessary flashing images), and I've seen proof that he does indeed possess more visually pleasing and well-written push pieces. So, in the name of fairness for all ... I'll give him a break for a bit.

- Russ delights us with more tales from Chicago ... and this one is chock full of pictures.

- Breaking news ... a marginally coherent letter by Johney Friar! Though it's actually more common sense, though he does say that Jon Stewart is a 'liberal icon.' Dude, he's a comedian. If government was chock full of liberals, he'd be having a field day with them too.

- Continuing his incredible thoroughness, The Realist unveils his take on the ACC for 2006. And we salute you sir. The Coastal Division is here, while the Atlantic Division is here.

- In news that is possibly only cool to me, and is sure to elicit mocking from Hillary, Evanescence is coming out with a new CD in October. So here is the video of 'Going Under' which is my personal favorite, as well as an acoustic version of the same song. And, in a weird discovery, some song about Cartoon Network that Amy Lee recorded.

1 Comments:

Blogger hillary said...

No mocking. Not on this count. There are plenty of others out there.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home