Friday, September 15, 2006

Couple of things

- They did this at Carrabba's? Really? OK ... no matter. The article focuses primarily on land usage and property taxes. Heidi Davison has some interesting ideas on switching our local property tax assessments which I need to ponder further before making a comment, though I'll say off the bat that Andy Rusk - nice guy, regular poster - loses points for disparaging comments about the green belt and poormouthing TDRs.

- He didn't win it, but kudos to Madison County graduate and Athenian resident Ryan Hybl for his runner-up finish in the U.S. Mid-Amateur Championship.

- Dog! No! Actually, the details of the arrest make it seem really odd to me. I don't think this will last long ... but should make for some good reality TV.

- I plugged this at The Cover Two, but our first college football podcast is up. Thanks to the good folks at the Georgia Podcast Network.

- Because my original posting regarding the upcoming season of The Office was a hit, I decided to add another video tracing Jim and Pam.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

JMac, Are you going to the Clarke Central game tonight?

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was me.

Darren

12:54 PM  
Blogger Jmac said...

Hey Darren ... no, actually I'm heading to Savannah for the weekend. The Wife's father had surgery earlier this week, so we're going down to see him and help out around the house where needed.

Andy, thanks for posting up some clearer comments. You know, I told Hillary that those quotes seemed a tad out of context, particularly the one regarding the green belt.

Point taken with TDRs, though I think I like that idea a little more than you do (based on your comments).

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I would offer to give you a full report on the Central game, but I'm going with my just-turned-1-year-old daughter, so I don't think we'll get past halftime (not to mention that I might mention some of the details chasing her around).

My best to your family-in-law.
Darren

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home