Thursday, November 02, 2006

Couple of things

- My endorsements for some state races are up, and I hope to get the local ones completed for tomorrow morning.

- Pete's got his endorsements up as well, though I think we all know who he's going to be backing. Flagpole also had a pretty nifty quiz the candidates took that's well worth a read.

- The Athens Banner-Herald continues its series on the mayor candidates, and today it's Charlie Maddox. The story isn't bad, and it closes with a weird head-scratcher ...

Maddox even campaigned once at a Sons of Confederate Veterans event, he said.

"There were some people there who'd never spent time around a black person except at work," he said. "They were looking around like 'Oh, my gosh!' But we started talking, and that all changed."

Yeah, I'm going to go on a limb and say those guys really aren't with Charlie.

- It may go to a runoff, but Sonny Perdue will win this thing eventually. Though I'm surprised at how many people are not voting for him. I expected him to have support in the high 50s by now.

- So, unless we support Amendment Two, hunting and fishing will just vanish? Really?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home