Monday, December 04, 2006

Concert-goers

Earlier this summer, I bought a pair of tickets to the Dixie Chicks concert in Atlanta originally scheduled for Oct. 18 for The Wife. She has always been a big fan (and I like 'em too), and we never get to go to concerts, so we figured why not?

Well, they decided to reschedule the tour to fit in some additional dates, thus moving our Atlanta concert to Dec. 2 at Phillips Arena. The fact this now coincided with all of the conference championship games wasn't lost on me, and I was pretty upset about having to attend at first.

However, it was a pretty darn fine concert (well, except for the poor lady two seats down from me who passed out and proceeded to get sick all over our aisle two songs into the show).

They sang Long Time Gone, which is easily one of my favorite songs, but also worked hard to change some of the arrangements of their older songs. For instance, I've never been a fan of Ready to Run, but they added an electric guitar, sped it up by about half a beat and gave it more of a rock-a-billy sound and closed the show with it. They also played Mississippi, which I had never heard before, but really liked.

Also, Pete Yorn opened for them ... and that was pretty cool.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

JMAC,
You can hear Bob Dylan's own version of his song Mississippi on his record Love and Theft. A good tune.

-Kelly

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home