Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The generous bounty

What did I get for Christmas? Here's a sampling ...

The White House Looks South: Franklin D. Roosevelt, Harry S. Truman and Lyndon B. Johnson by William Leuchtenberg - I'm almost 100 pages into it, and it's been a fantastic read so far. It analyzes the role these presidents took to empower the South politically and takes a close look at the relationship between the region and those three leaders. I'm still working through the passage on FDR, and it's interesting to see how much of the New Deal stems from his experiences in Warm Springs.

State of Denial: Bush At War III by Bob Woodward - I flipped through this earlier this year, and it's pretty good. I'd been meaning to read Woodward's first two books on the War on Terror, but hadn't gotten the chance to.

Le Creuset 14-inch oval stoneware dish - I like to cook, and anything to assist in that process is much appreciated.

Winchester 3-inch serated wood inlay pocket knife - Well, I just kinda felt that I needed to get a pocket knife since I always seemed to need one whether I was fishing or trying to open a box at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home