Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Just watched

I've seen an unusually high amount of movies thus far on my Christmas break, so I figured I'd run down what I thought of those recently viewed movies ...

Inside Man - A little long and, at times, insanely boring. The opening sequence was good, as was the final scene ... but, on the whole, it was rather anticlimatic. I'm a big Denzel Washington fan, but this ain't his best work.

Talledega Nights: The Legend of Ricky Bobby - Awesome on levels unbeknownst to mankind. I thought Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgandy was the funniest movie I had seen, but Will Ferrell doesn't disappoint. The entire dinner scene is one of the funniest things I've even seen in a movie. Awesome. Absolutely awesome.

Alfie - Let's see an unlikeable main character who proceeds to ruin the lives of countless beautiful women ... we'll just leave this by saying it was the only thing on that night.

The Family Stone - Nowhere remotely near the lighthearted comedy The Wife and I thought it would be, but nonetheless a good film.

Walk The Line - One of the best movies I've ever seen. It's beautifully acted, beautifully shot and beautifully written. Plus, it's got an awesome soundtrack and is the first film that made me think Reese Witherspoon was more than just moderately attractive.

On tap ... An Inconvenient Truth, Little Miss Sunshine and The Sentinel.

5 Comments:

Blogger Polusplanchnos said...

Do you get your movies from Netflix or do you physically pick them up from a local video store?

7:53 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

Ditto on the Family Stone, I expected something entirely different, kinda like Meet the Parents. I'm still not sure what genre that was supposed to be.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Jmac said...

I go to Blockbuster. We typically don't watch that many movies, but we've both had time off this week and stayed in town for the holidays.

I tried the Blockbuster mailing thing, but never used it enough so I eventually cancelled it. Once work starts up again, we won't use it as much.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

but you watched family stone on hbo right?

And reese witherspoon is hot stuff.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Polusplanchnos said...

Wendy gets her movies from Netflix, and I go to Vision to pick up mine.

I didn't think Inside Man was boring. I laughed a lot during Talledega, but it's not something I would see again.

You should go rent Yupgi Girl, or My Sassy Girl. I know it's at the Eastside Vision Video, but I remember checking it out from the one off Jefferson Rd. It's a great romantic comedy from Korea, although the 'romance' part of it is entirely unlike romance done in the US. It's believable in its surrealism. They are remaking the movie, apparently with Elisha Cuthbert as The Girl.

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home