Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Real work conversations

Me: I had to be careful because when he said that, I wanted to make a joke about it, but was unsure how he'd take it.
Carissa: Yeah, I was concerned about you doing that.
Me: Nothing mean, I just didn't want him to be offended.
Carissa: I have that problem too. When I sense a weakness, I tend to try and exploit it.
Me: That's really not the same problem.
Carissa: Yeah ...

..........

Me: Since (you're leading this tour of the exhibition), you could play with their minds since you can literally make up anything you want about her.
Hillary: Like saying she invented rap music?
Me: Could be anything! Like 'I hold in my hand a simple police baton ... did you know that she handpainted 200 of these for officers in Detroit?'
Hillary: No.
Me: 'Did you know that the TV show Sledgehammer was loosely based on her childhood experiences in her native Hungary?'
Hillary: No.
Me: 'Who here likes Goo-Goo Clusters? How about Circus Peanuts? She's responsible for them both!'

3 Comments:

Blogger hillary said...

You missed a "no" after that last one.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Russell & Mariah said...

I don't think I'm witty enough to work with either of you. I think I would just sit there and giggle all day long.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Jmac said...

Hillary can verify that I was laughing so hard while offering these suggestions, that I had to briefly lay my head on the desk. To her credit, she just kept working and uttering 'no' over and over.

Oddly enough it's the second time I laughed so hard I had to lay my head on the desk. The other time happened Monday when Carissa told me she was sore after doing a workout based on a 1991 Cher exercise video ... that she ordered via Amazon ... and then was so sore she was literally unable to walk without looking like a robot.

Shoot, I'm laughing at that right now.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home