Sunday, February 11, 2007

Random notes on pop culture

- Can someone explain to me why Parker Posey, the 'queen of indie films,' was in Blade Trinity? With Triple H? I know the film's been out for some three years now, but I suppose it never dawned on me that Posey was starring in it.

- For that matter, can someone explain to me why I proceeded to watch Blade: Trinity twice this weekend?

- The Transformers movie, gotta say, looks pretty cool.



- Via the advice of Kyshona Armstrong, I also recommend to you Rose Polenzani. Kyshona did a cover of Polenzani's You Were Drunk during last month's Figgie's@Five, which is available for free in the audio section of the site.

- Speaking of Figgie's@Five, let me also plug February's guest Allison Weiss, who plays lots of snappy, pop, acoustic kinda stuff (like I'm Ready which, both Hillary and I agree, is insanely catchy). She'll be playing on Feb. 28, which also just happens to be my birthday.

4 Comments:

Blogger Russell & Mariah said...

Transformers looks AWESOME! I hadn't seen any promos or trailers for it until just now. Holy cow, I'm excited. Good to see Spielberg and Bay making it instead of some random people.

And Shia LeBoeuf is in it -- I just watched that golf movie with him playing Ouimet and it was pretty good.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Polusplanchnos said...

No "More than meets the eye?"

The sound that they make when transforming in the cartoons is still in my head.

1:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birfday

9:10 AM  
Blogger Flannery O'Clobber said...

Parker Posey is also in Screm 3. Go figure.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home