Thursday, February 08, 2007

Couple of things

- As you probably know, States McCarter is out, and David Hamilton and Andy Herod are trying to get in.

- Apparently, there's not a lot of interest in a hunting ordinance. I've stated my opinions on the matter ... namely that any ordinance shouldn't include a complete ban of rifles because there is ample space in this community to set up a tiered system of hunting.

- It's hard for me to imagine how one makes such a difficult and profoundly personal decision, so everyone keep Charlie Norwood in your prayers.

- I agree something needs to be done at Jekyll Island, and I hope they pursue the path of renovating the abandoned and dilapidated buildings rather than line the island with condos. On a related note, gotta say I'm impressed with Rep. Harry Geisinger's marshland buffer proposal. It isn't very often a Republican puts forward some sort of environmental legislation that I like, so credit where credit is due.

-When I've got some more time, I'll I'll look at this a bit closer (the issue, not necessarily the editorial).

- I've tried, but it's hard to understand the Halloween movies.

- It's not often you hear the words 'Rep. Bob Smith' and 'elegant compromise' in the same sentence, particularly with regard to local issues, but that's what this editorial says. And, they're not necessarily wrong about it as it isn't a terrible idea.

- I don't particularly see eye-to-eye with Hillary regarding the criminal background checks in the sense that I don't think we'd see her suggested results, regardless of how severe or not severe they may be. As far as the actual issue, I really don't come down one way or another on it.

- Awesome. I need to learn more about Primitive Baptists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home