Wednesday, February 07, 2007

McCarter resigns

Athens-Clarke County District Eight Commissioner States McCarter has resigned from the Athens-Clarke County Commission effective immediately.

Here's his statement ...

Resignation Statement

I have resigned from the A-CC Commission effective today (February 7, 2007). A-CC Attorney Bill Berryman informed me earlier that a Special Election will likely be held on March 20, 2007 to fill my open position. Board of Elections Supervisor Gail Schrader has confirmed Berryman’s conclusion. You may call her at 706 613-3150 if you have questions. My seat will be vacant only at the February agenda setting and the March voting meetings. Please watch for candidate announcements. In the meantime you may contact 10th District Commissioner Elton Dodson (who also represents you) at 706 543-7880 at home or at 706 549-9294 at work. He can be contacted electronically at elton@dodsonlaw.com.

I hope that I have served you well during the slightly over six years that I have been the commissioner for District 8. States M.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting. I hope that there is more to it than "if I can't get my way, I am going home".

Also, how can qualifying and advance voting and all of that can happen by March 20th.

Finally, how much is this special election going to cost us?

-David

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home