Friday, February 09, 2007

Necessary clarifications

In my Couple of Things from this morning, I picked up on one of the discussed theories for why States McCarter resigned, which was that it might stem from some long-simmering frustrations that culiminated in Tuesday night's vote regarding a proposed office park to be located in the front of Green Acres. A few clarifications/corrections on that front ...

- I have been assured from different folks that is not the reason he stepped down, and no one honestly knows why he stepped down.

- I had a factual error in my reporting (shocking, I know) for which I must make amends. The vote was not 9-1, as I stated, but actually 7-3 with McCarter, Harry Sims and George Maxwell voting against tabling the effort. Apologies for my error.

- I have also been assured from very reliable sources that because the property in question was rezoned to a commerical zoning, there is no cause for concern that it would revert to being a residential zoning which would open the door for something like a mini-subdivision. Whatever goes there, I'm assured, will be something the neighborhood wants and fits into the current zoning.

- The tabling was done so folks in the neighborhood could take some time to process the information regarding the proposed office park, and its potential impact, a little more, which isn't necessarily a terrible thing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Generally, people read too much into this but just thought I would put it out there. According to the Board of Elections, David Hamilton has voted in 4 out of 6 Republican primaries (the other two being Democratic), whereas Andy Herod has voted exclusively in Democratic primaries (4 of 4).

-8th District Voter

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home