Sunday, July 15, 2007

Changing your life

One month from today, the smart folks at the doctor's office tell us that The Wife will have our first child. And though one month may seem like it's, well, a month away, it's really just right around the corner.

I must be honest, but I'm a little bit nervous about this whole thing. What will transpire 30 days or so from now will be nothing short of an absolute, life-changing experience. Nothing about my existence on this planet will ever be the same, and that's a bit unnerving.

Still, as I helped my friend Ed move some things into his new house today, and we returned back to his place for a fresh load of boxes, I watched as his four-year-old daughter excitedly shouted 'Daddy's home!' and leapt into his arms.

And then I think ... sure, this may be a life-changing experience, but it's the promise of moments like that make me can't wait for my life to change.

Emma Kate, my dear, your daddy is ready for you to get here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike-El said...

Get ready for the longest month of your life...and then be prepared for time to start flying. Try not to get whiplash. Thing is, it's all even more worth it than you're convinced now it's going to be.

And don't be too concerned about transforming into a gurgling bowl of emo Daddy-pudding (I can tell from that post it's already started). It happens to all of us.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home