Thursday, June 26, 2008

Full disclosure

I had been intending to do this for the past week, but wanted to wait and see what all shook out with qualifying week here in town. Being the proprietor of a blog that covers a lot of things, but focuses on politics - specfically local politics - I feel that I should disclose that I am working in a consultary fashion for a variety of campaigns this year.

They include ...

Sherry Jackson (Georgia State Senate, District 46)
Tim Riley (Georgia State Senate, District 47)
Jonathan McCollar (Georgia State House, District 156)

And now, with this, I'm going to lend a hand to Mike Hamby's campaign for Athens-Clarke County Commission District 10. Mike is a close friend who I've known for some time, and I'm glad to assist him where I can.

As a result, I don't feel it would be appropriate for me to comment on those races this year. One of my biggest pet peeves was that Jerome Armstrong, one of the proprietors at MyDD, was a paid consultant for the Hillary Clinton campaign and turned that blog into a place to parrot talking points.

While I'm a good Democrat, I have a diverse readership, and I just don't feel comfortable offering my commentary on those races when I'm actively assisting them. I'll talk about other races, and I intend to put up Open Threads focusing on those races where folks can say whatever they want about them without me commenting.

3 Comments:

Blogger Oconee Democratic said...

Sherry needs to start campaigning yesterday and at least tell some folks who she is and what she is about

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed. Sherry who?

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have Hamby's email?

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home