Monday, June 23, 2008

Qualifying begins

Qualifying starts today, and though the Board of Education front is quiet now, I think we'll see some movement there pretty soon. I've heard from a variety of folks that the 'bloc' proposal that J.T. put forward is being mulled over by some possible candidates.

We'll also see some movement on the commission front too. Word is that Regina Quick is in to challenge Elton Dodson - if he even opts to run again - for District 10, while I got a tip that I scrambled to confirm last night but only got a 'maybe' on regarding Myra Blackmon and District Six. No word yet from John Knight, who discussed a possible run for that seat here, nor from Red Petrovs, though Blake says he's heard that Ed Robinson, who sought the District 10 seat against Dodson in 2004, is game for District Six.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why would Regina go for D10? She won't win.

Any info on Myrna Blackmon?

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dodson has qualified, FYI.

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regina doesn't want to win. She just likes the attention and wants a public platform for her personal bitch sessions. She would be about the worst commissioner ever (with the exception of Alvin Sheats).

I am surprised Dodson qualified. Hell! I'm surprised he could even remember where the office was.

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Red Petrov qualified for D6.

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a surpise! I'm Myra Blackmon and I've just returned from a few days out of town. Imagine my surprise when I got a call telling me I'm mentioned as a possible contender for District 6. I'm both flattered and flabbergasted! And if you "tried to confirm but only got a 'maybe'" you were talking to an impersonator. You didn't talk to me! And I'd love to know who told you'maybe!'

For the record: I have absolutely no plans to run for District 6, though several people have suggested it over the years--none recently. I won't even be in the country between September and December!

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home