Wednesday, July 16, 2008

This is kinda random

One of the benefits of working out of your home is that every once in a while, I like to be able to do some work while watching a little TV. And that's what I opted to do earlier today as I worked on editing a couple of letters, and it enabled me to catch up on the early years of ER.

Now, I abhor the show now, but back when it first came out in the 1990s, it was part of my regular viewing because I liked the plots (despite them being more than a littel sensational) and I liked the cast featuring George Clooney, Anthony Edwards, Sherry Stringfield, Eric LaSalle, etc. and etc. But my interest peaked in 1998 - and I'm going somewhere with this - with the addition of Kellie Martin, who I've always had a closet celebrity crush on.

Currently, TNT is rolling through the two seasons Martin was on the show (before she was stabbed to death by a patient in her final episode in a truly tramatic experience for me that, quite frankly, probably spelled the end of my affection for the show), and that's when it dawned on me ...

Martin is one of two actors/actresses who I will absolutely watch whatever it is they happen to star in, and I have no logical explanation why I do so. The other you ask?

Tom Selleck.

Seriously, I've seen a good number of Mystery Woman movie series Martin did for Lifetime and The Wife is always flabbergasted that I will sit through a Jesse Stone movie on CBS featuring Selleck.

I can't explain it. OK, well I can explain the cuteness of Martin, but I can't explain the odd affinity I have for Selleck (and that includes Quigley Down Under).

6 Comments:

Blogger griftdrift said...

You watched Las Vegas too didn't you.

1:08 AM  
Blogger Jmac said...

Guilty.

It was the one right after the gas attack on the Monticedo.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Josh M. said...

I swear to God I have like three Jesse Stone movies in my Netflix queue right now. Up until recently, I had no idea Selleck was still working regularly, and now I'm intent on playing catch up.

Hell, I caught myself watching Three Men and a Little Lady - not and a Baby, but and a Little Lady - last week, just to catch sight of the 'stache.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Flannery O'Clobber said...

Er, um, Tori Spelling. And by the way, there's a really awesomely bad Lifetime Channel movie starring her alongside Kellie Martin, and if I recall properly one of their mothers stabs the other one to keep her from becoming cheerleading captain. And she was quite good in House of Yes. Though even I won't watch her reality tv show.

Also, Shannen Doherty. Once she got off Little House on the Prairie, that is. Her SNL episode was a thing of beauty.

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/93/93bbitch.phtml

and

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/93/93odenise.phtml

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last Christmas, stuck with the in-laws, I was forced to endure the most horrible piece of drivel ever captured on film-- the outlaws will watch any made for tv movie ever put on Lifetime, and its progeny, and there's no escape for me. In this particularly heinous "movie," Selleck played an alcoholic small town new sheriff/police chief or something, solving a cold case murder of a woman years ago, and at the end of a particularly dramatic struggle in which the killer broke into his home and tried to off him, he was forced to shoot him dead in self-defense. What does Sheriff Magnum then immediately do? Call it in? Go to Disney World? Nope-- pour himself a scotch and sit on the back porch with his dog to watch the sun set while the guy rots in his living room. Ahhhh, overdrama. The only thing I hate worse than that is those smarmey beeyatches Doherty and Spelling. I'll take Alexis Bledel, Sarah Michelle Gellar, and Tiffani Amber Thiessen, or however you spell their names-- I'm not that big a fan. John.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Mike-El said...

A Kellie Martin obsession skirts right along the edge of being a fetish. I mean...dude...all the "Christy" movies? "Life Goes On"? You don't make The Wife wear the big red honkin' glasses, do you? :)

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home