Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A word on this

I try to keep blogging on national issues down to a minimum in the grand scheme of things, but I do want to weigh in this Joe Lieberman thing. I'm not a huge fan of letting him keep his chairmanship of the Homeland Security Committee, and I think he was bluffing in saying he'd jump ship if he lost his position.

That said, I'm not entirely sure if it's something worth being that frustrated with. Arguably, I've got some disagreements with him regarding foreign policy, and I would voted to take away his chairmanship, but what's done is done, right? There's much bigger fish to fry ... like the greatest economic crisis since The Great Depression. Fretting over Lieberman holding onto this seat doesn't seem to be the most fruitful endeavor right now (or the best way for Barack Obama to dispense his political capital).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home