Thursday, September 22, 2005

TV Talk

So I've been pretty excited about the season premiere of Lost, but I was unimpressed on the whole with last night's episode. It's not that I didn't like it - because I did - but what was actually in the hatch was not what I expected ... and not in a good way. I'm just unsure about the whole 1970s disco thing, with random Scottish running guy down there. It was so not what I was looking for out of that thing.

And then Invasion also was fairly sub-par. It was better in its final 15 minutes, but it attempted to do too much in its first episode. Safe to say, I'm OK missing that one.

On the whole, I've enjoyed the season premieres this year. Supernatural is excellent, and I'll definitely have to Tivo My Name Is Earl from here on out. How I Met Your Mother has promise, primarily because of Neil Patrick Harris, and I'm still a sucker for Gilmore Girls (it really does have great writing!).

I've got the season premieres of The West Wing and Grey's Anatomy on Sunday, and I've been looking forward to both of those for a while ... especially The West Wing.

5 Comments:

Blogger hillary said...

The Mamas and the Papas are 70s disco?

11:27 AM  
Blogger Jmac said...

I meant more the decor of said place ... not so much with The Mamas and The Papas.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Cufflink Carl said...

I don't know about the West Wing. Being a big fan, I was definitely disappointed with the fifth season, or really anything since the guy ruined ER took over. The writing got better last season, so I suppose I'm cautiously optimistic at best.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Jmac said...

Last year's The West Wing was the best one, by far, since Sorkin left midway through the fourth season (I think that's right). I liked how they decided to focus more on the campaigns (the episodes in Iowa and New Hampshire were awesome), and also gave Josh (Bradley Whitford) more air time.

The fifth season was incredibly cheesy because of the Supreme Court episode and the one where they 'fixed' Social Security. Those were very un-Sorkin-like, and it showed.

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe I missed Earl! I didn't like the Lost hatch thing either.
And Cari, I don't know how you stand those Law and Order shows. But I have watched every episode of Alias (including a season finale on my honeymoon in Cancun) so what do I know. And don't get me started on West Wing. Sorry, I am tired of the italics. Hell, I'm not even sure I'm using them right anyway. But I'm not into politics so there you go. What is with being the president on tv! Geena Davis is pulling up to premiers in a freakin' motorcade! I can't imagine the dialog if the writers actually wrote what happens at the White House every day. Will Ferrell would have a lead on West Wing. Well, I need to go make Bill Gates richer, see ya.

- Bryan R.

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home