Wednesday, May 17, 2006

When to stay quiet

I don't know much about DeKalb County CEO Vernon Jones, and what I do know about him makes me fairly glad I reside in Athens-Clarke County and not under his direction.

In response to an editorial by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Angela Tucker, Jones released the following statement:

As the old saying goes:

"You don't get into a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel and paper by the ton."

I want to apologize for aggravating the AJC by saying DeKalb County Government’s hiring practices are better than the AJC's and Cox Enterprise’s hiring practices.

I want to plead with the AJC, “I’se tired. Please don't whup me no mo!!" I don't know many ways I can say it: I have not, will not, shall not condone racism in DeKalb County’s hiring practices.

In the words of a great American, Forest Gump, “that's all I gotta say about that!"


Not only is it patently offensive, it's also grossly ignorant and reveals a severe lack of professionalism on his part. This isn't entirely shocking seeing how Jones resorted to attacking the media and hollering at those in attendence of a public forum on the DeKalb County Animal Shelter last week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home