Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The national scene

Wow.

Democrats are projected to pick up more than 30 seats in the House and are ahead in two races in the Senate that would give them control of that body too. I saw the House swinging their way, but I didn't expect them to do as well as they did in the Senate.

As of now, Jon Tester is ahead by 1,700 votes in Montana as they recount Yellowstone County due to a glitch in the electronic voting machines. In Virginia, Jim Webb is up by almost 8,000 votes with 99 percent reporting, which means we're headed for a recount. However, recounts only shift 500 to 800 ballots on the average, so Webb looks like he might be the 50th senator for the Democrat/Independent caucus.

I thought Tester would won, and he's in a tough fight now. I didn't see Webb picking up the Virginia seat, however, and this could open up a whole new world for Democrats.

But Rick Santorum lost ... and that makes me happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home