Monday, July 09, 2007

Three down ...

The final B.M-M. (Before Mini-McGinty) Summer Soiree has come and gone, and we appear to have shattered our attendence levels from years past. Of course, it helps that we weren't besieged by a monsoon, though the skies were quite questionable all day long.

The Wife and I were watching the skies all day long.

Still, more than 55 people stopped by and watched me cook up two massive pots of Low Country Boil, played a little cornhole and took guided tours of our nursery (seriously). It was a good time, though both The Wife and I forgot to take pictures until the final minutes of the friggin' thing.

Things come out rather quickly during events like this, so here's what stands out ...

- Hillary helping to polish off those Miller Chills that I dislike so much. In fact, all of Team Brown had the exact opposite reaction to that beverage than I did ... saying that you had to get past the first two-thirds of the bottle before you truly appreciated it.

- In a Low Country Boil, folks go for the sausage more so than the corn.

- DAve claimed to be the father of my child.

- Apparently there was a massive sale on Miller Lite, since at least 40 percent of attendees showed up with a 12-pack of it.

- DuVall wore seersucker pants, and you have to respect that no matter what.

Our MVPs ...

- The Good Lord. I was already high on Him due to that whole creating-the-universe thing, as well as that gift-of-salvation thing, but the fact that the big guy held off the rain until after the party was a welcome touch.

- Russ was willing to drive around loads of my junk to by dropped off at Project Safe's Thrift Store and then take me out to the landfill.

- Courtney and Chris for having excellent timing and arriving right when the boil was finished because I needed a hand in unloading all those shrimp and potatoes.

- Ed for hauling some stuff off and supplying me with the double burner.

- The Wife's co-worker Wendy, who for some reason possessed 12 chairs and a large folding table.

And, finally, what few pictures we have ...

Sure they're kinda blurry in this photo, but Team Brown drank the Miller Chill.

Kelly appreciated the fact that I had Waylon Jennings on the official Summer Soiree 2007 playlist.

Ben insisted on borrowing my hat, prompting Kelly to observe that I'll probably always have 'perfect hair' ... meaning I'll be bald within seven months.

There's a lot going on in this picture of Meimi, Scott and Russ ... primarily because I was trying to fix the camera and it went off while doing so.

Though she won't hesitate to tell you that she's 'carrying around 30 extra pounds'... The Wife did take time to pose with Lindsey for a picture.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mike-El said...

So many "beard" jokes, so little space. Man...you guys are a hirsute bunch. Was there one clean-shaven dude there?

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No mention of the cornhole?

BB

12:24 PM  
Blogger Jmac said...

Mike, I won't tolerate mocking of my beard! That's reserved for the random gentleman at Publix a few years back who told me to 'hang in there because it would come in' ... and I had been sporting my beard for three years.

There was a brief mention of cornhole, but I don't have photos. I still have the set, however, so I can set it up in the yard again and get some shots.

12:29 PM  
Blogger hillary said...

Jared is not bearded, although he may have had some stubble going on.

4:23 PM  
Blogger DAve said...

I'm pretty much devoid of any hair north of the border, let alone in the beardel region. My manliness and evidence of virility is pretty much confined to my ability to impregnate women simply by being in the same house as them overnight. Case in point: the better-looking, less-hairy McGinty.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home