Monday, August 07, 2006

Couple of things

- Let me tell you how Kyle at Dawg Sports is responsible for me burning my finger. Yesterday, while going over his analysis of Georgia's upcoming contest with Ole Miss ... something caught my eye. In his brilliant section on what to eat at the tailgates, Kyle suggested country fried steak. Being hungry and with a grocery store trip due ahead of me, I figured that was an excellent choice for a meal. I decided there would be no frozen pizza for The Wife and I, but rather an old-fashioned Southern meal. However, in the process of removing the final batch from the absurdly hot oil, a steady stream of it tricked down the tongs and onto my right pointer finger ... thus scalding it and immediately creating an inch long blister from the nail to the knuckle. I knew it would be a problem when I couldn't function as a human being without having it on ice ... so now I'm waiting for my doctor's office to open so I can get it checked out and steadily pecking away with my left hand.

So thanks Kyle ... it was a good meal, but at what cost?

- Speaking of this, The Realist and I are going into business together ... except we have no expectations of making any money. He and I are going to join forces to produce a sports blog which focus on Georgia athletics and high school sports. We got together for a bit yesterday and hashed out some ideas.

- And then ... this is fairly depressing, but sadly expected.

- That storm was pretty bad ... it knocked over a tree in our yard and pulled an entire latana plant out of the ground.

- I'm sure Matt shares the pride of Donald Harris.

5 Comments:

Blogger Amber Rhea said...

He and I are going to join forces to produce a sports blog which focus on Georgia athletics and high school sports. We got together for a bit yesterday and hashed out some ideas.

Did any of these ideas involve a podcast?

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent news about the HS sports blog. May I presume that the focus will be Northeast Georgia and/or the Athens 'metropolitan' area?

Darren

12:39 PM  
Blogger Jmac said...

Indeed it will be Darren. Will mix in Georgia sports as well, but have a healthy dose of prep action.

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to it.

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Johnny, I want - ney - DEMAND you bring the Fry Daddy to at least one cookout this year for a country fried steakaganza. Because it's not a real tailgate until someone gets splashed with burning hot oil. Bonus points if you dump the hot oil on an ant bed, like we did that time at your Villa West apartment.

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home