Friday, December 08, 2006

Deck the halls ...

The boys at Pasqua and Stanicek did their Top Five Christmas Movie list, to which Josh responded (note awesome inclusion of Die Hard).

My list won't vary too much and is probably way too tame.

5. Bad Santa - Actually, I really didn't care for this movie ... but something like Miracle on 34th Street was too cliche.

4. It's A Wonderful Life - OK, fine, forget cliche ... it's a classic people. Plus, Xon used to do an excellent Jimmy Stewart impression.

3. The Family Man - I have an irrational love of this film. Maybe it's the fact that he finds happiness in the smaller things of life ... maybe it's Tea Leoni, who knows.

2. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - A close second my friends. Aunt Edna saying 'don't throw me down Clark' kills me every time.

1. A Christmas Story - It drives The Wife nuts, but my father and I insist on watching as much of the '24 Hours of A Christmas Story on a misc. Turner-owned network each Christmas Day.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you foget about "The Nightmare Before Christmas?"

- David

P.S. Tea rocks.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Jmac said...

Never got into Tim Burton movies, no matter how hard I tried.

And, yes, Tea does indeed rock. Lest we all forget her earth-shattering role in Deep Impact.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Pasqua said...

I can't respect anyone who's named after a drink (except Soda Pop Papinski...dude had a vicious upper cut) so Tea's out in my book and I can't believe you would include that movie with her and Nick Cage. I've already forgotten the name.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

christmas story is blech. White Christmas or christmas carol would have been better.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Ryanetics said...

In no real order as I am rushing this...

Elf
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (the old stop motion one)
A Christmas Story
Bad Santa
Christmas Vacation
Nightmare Before Christmas

Oh and Home Alone (I kid)

2:32 PM  
Blogger Flannery O'Clobber said...

"Scrooged"

Let's hear the women sing with Reverend Al!
Let's hear the real women sing with Reverend Al!

8:26 PM  
Blogger TKAthens said...

THANK YOU! A Scrooged shout-out! That's what I'm talking about.

And as for the rest of these lists...where is the appreciation for the classics...what about "A Christmas Carol", "Holiday Inn", and for little baby Jesus' sake "It's A Wonderful Life"!?!?! The day I pass on my 342nd viewing of Jimmy Stewart in the Frank Capra classic to watch "Bad Santa" or "Christmas Vacation" is the day that I die inside.

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just watched The Polar Express for the first time last night. Not a bad story/graphics - would have been really neat to see in IMAX when it was there last Christmas.

I would also add the Ice Harverst to the list (in my opinion showed the darker side of Christmas better than Bad Santa).

-David

10:41 AM  
Blogger Polusplanchnos said...

SANTA CLAUS KILLA

I'm sure you were there when we watched that, Johnathan...

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home