Wednesday, February 14, 2007

An announcement

Today is Valentine's Day folks, and that means we spend lots of money on cards, candy, dinner and the like to express our undying affection to our loved one. For the loyal readers of my humble little blog, you may remember The Wife's Valentine's Day proclamation from last year where I was absolved from doing such things which kinda rocked since she kinda rocks.

This year, however, we each have a big ole gift on our plate, and that's because she and I are expecting our first child (of course, I naturally mean her since she's doing all of the actual work and I just supply her with food, drink, etc.). Safe to say, we're both terribly excited and nervous and overjoyed and terrified all rolled into one, so it's fantastic.

As of today, we are entering the second trimester and/or the fourth month of this experience, and The Wife has been quite the trooper. The first few months were a bit rough on her, but we're hoping she's turned the proverbial corner since she's felt considerably better the past few days and is now beginning to eat us out of house and home.

We're excited, and I wanted to share our joy with you fine folks. Enjoy your Valentine's Day.

The Wife and I have proceeded to make a mini-combo version of us who will possess his/her mom's insanely thorough organizational skills and his/her dad's love of progressive politics and Waylon Jennings.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great JMAC! There is nothing like it in the world - it will change your perspective. As you know, our second is on the way. I fear an eminent curtailing of this blog in the coming months.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Flannery O'Clobber said...

Congrats! How long till you introduce the chil to your Genny Cream Ale/Schaefer fascination?

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big Congratulations, JMac. It really is as awesome as everybody says. And for the record, I'm sure you guys will have a cute child, but as my daughter is OFFICIAL CUTEST KID EVERRRR (according to such authorities as, well, me), you're shooting for second.

Good luck with everything.

Darren

9:35 AM  
Blogger Russell & Mariah said...

No congratulations from me, bucko. I'm original like that.

Everyone else jumps on the, "OH, you and Julie are expecting! How great! Congratulations!" bandwagon, but I refrain from doing so. I am much too responsible to congratulate you for this.

Think of the Earth, Jmac! You're contributing to overpopulation, global warming, landfill increases, pandemics, and ennui. For shame!

Unless this is the beginning of a population of super-baby soldiers who will one day take out all of your political opponents with their stealth and knife skills, I will not be congratulating you, sir. Oh no.

PS: Seriously though, congratulations. Boy or girl, I'm nicknaming your child "Baby Pancakes."

10:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats John and Julie.
So can we call you the Daddy Mac now?
And yes, you will hear it many many times, but I cannot stress how much it changes your world.
And I'm not sure who this "Darren" is, but I'm going to forgive him for his claim of having the cutest kid, because he obviously hasn't seen my daughter. She's cute, really, she has a shirt that says so.
Anyway, hope Julie feels better. Hope to see you guys soon.

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jmac:

You're the man. Ours should arrive about the same time.

BB

12:17 PM  
Blogger Amber Rhea said...

Congrats, you two!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Holla said...

I already knew, but congrats-in-public!

You're about a month away from finding out the gender, then?

(Because I am psychic and I know that JMac and Julie are the types who will want to know....)

3:13 PM  
Blogger Cousin Pat said...

Many congratulations and accolades. I look forward to next fall's "Tailgating with Baby" posts.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Jmac said...

Thanks all. We're pretty fired up about everything, and we'll find out what we're having on March 6 and we're looking at a mid-August delivery date. So you all can hold on to your self-proclaimed titles of 'Cutest Child on the Planet' until then when you'll have to hand over the title my kid. :)

So a few answers ...

- Elton, I'll try to not only keep the blog going, but keep baby references to a minimum;

- When my child is of legal age, he/she will enjoy the same quality beverages of his/her old man ... like Miller High Life ... until 21, however, he/she will partake in his/her mom's current beverage of choice ... Tang (seriously);

- Of course we want to know! There's no more thorough planner than The Wife;

- Tailgating, sadly, will be severly curtailed due to a strict 'no young child' policy at Tent City as well as, you know, the actual responsibilities that come with taking care for an infant ... there are plans underway, however, for a 'Daddy Day Care' at my house on a handful of game days;

- Marc, I am so coming to the beach house, though we're currently lacking in a 'brood' as of now.

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home